Monday, August 19, 2013

Quilt Gazing!

Saturday my neighbor and another friend and I went to the AQS quilt show in Grand Rapids.  It was a beautiful ride through countryside I have not been through before.  The best part was being with people who make me laugh and who themselves enjoy life with laughter, smiles and positive attitudes about everything.  I didn't know quilting could be so funny.  The show was good.  It is always amazing to see the talent that is out there and what women can do with needle and thread.  The Tentmakers of Cairo display was especially inspiring.

Sunday we helped our church pack 10,000 meals for hungry children.  Fun and rewarding!!!!

Today Steve and I celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.  It has been an incredible journey.  Still crazy in love after all these years.  Just wish the years would stop flying by so fast.

My "to do" list is getting done.  Of course after the quilt show on Saturday I added to it with some new projects.  I'll start quilting on the quilt this afternoon as soon as I finish the Christmas stockings for the kids class.  We'll see how it goes!

May your day be filled with people and things you love.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment