Saturday, September 21, 2013

Me Time


August and September have been very busy months for me.  So the last few days with a multitude of things to do and no real desire to do them I pulled out a pattern I had picked up from a quilt show.  This quilt was captivating and reminded me of fall, home and afternoons spent with a good friend.  I threw caution to the wind and chose fabrics, and started making the 59 six inch squares it will take to complete.  AAAAhhhhhh it felt good.  Above is a picture of my first 3 blocks.  

Reality has now set in however and I am moving back at a slightly frantic pace.  I teach Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and on Wednesday leave for CA.  Today I am prepping for my Sun., Mon., Tues., classes and tomorrow I will get myself ready for the classes and time in CA.  I am so excited to be able to see my children again and some very dear friends.  Thank you LeAnna for driving up from San Diego to see your mama.  A big thank you to Melissa and Leslie at In Between Stitches for letting me play with all my CA quilting friends at your store, especially the night before a big quilt show.  You are awesome.

The leaves are turning color and the air feels different.  Fall has arrived.  Enjoy it!

Blessings,
Dee

2 comments: