Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back To School

Labor Day is over and kids are back in school.  For me, the summer has simply flown by and it is hard to believe it is September and fall is around the corner.  Seeing the school bus this  morning gave my heartstrings a tug.  I do miss the excitement of getting the classroom ready and meeting the new group of kids and the anticipation of what a new year of school will bring.  I will just enjoy living it vicariously through my two children who are both teachers and recently experienced the excitement of that first day.  LeAnna experienced the high energy of both the parents and her kindergardeners while Brett enjoyed the tentative eagerness of high schoolers.  I am so proud of both of them.

Sewing was put on the back burner for the last couple of days.  Sunday I worked at the store in Ann Arbor and enjoyed dinner with friends.  Yesterday my husband and I visited the Outlet Mall and tooled around the countryside.  It was wonderfully relaxing.

Entering the quilt room this morning I realize it is time for some serious organization again.  Things have a way of migrating and not finding a permanent home.  It's because I am a piler and push-it-aside-er.  While walking through Ikea there were a number of organizing items that caught my eye.  They met the cuteness and practical test.  One was the Riktig curtain hooks and clothesline.  When I am working on sampler blocks I like to have them displayed so I can keep track of color and value theme.  This line with the adorable little clips would do the trick.  How fun to have a clothesline of your blocks hanging along your wall or you could hang your child's artwork there too.  The second item was the Fintorp series of buckets and hooks.  I can just see all my pens, brushes, rotary cutters, FQ's, etc.  beautifully displayed and easy to get at.

Here is hoping you had a wonderful holiday weekend and that you find inspiration to do the things you love.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment