Thursday, September 5, 2013

Inspired!



This little guy was crawling across my patio yesterday.  I had to go out and check him out.  You cannot tell from the picture but he is long and fat.  I was amazed by the vibrant lime green color and the small orange dots on his back.  Love that color combo.

Where else do you find color inspiration for your quilts and sewing projects?  I have several places I go to when I start a new project besides looking at green crawly things on my patio.  The cover of my favorite magazines are great.  They have a color scheme and usually give me a clue as to what color I want to use the most and least of for good balance.  Pictures and nature are two other places I look for inspiration.  With the changing of seasons the scene out my window is ever changing in color and hue.
The paint store is another good source.  The brochures they have for free offer a wonderful variety of palettes and finally pinterest offers up a slew of color combination posts.

In a couple weeks I will be teaching the quilt below at Quilting in the Garden, Alden Lane Nursery, Livermore, CA.  For those of you near there I would love to see you in class or at the show.  Look closely and you'll see the little green crawly things color combo in the quilt and flowers. :)

Be Inspired today!
Blessings,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment