Thursday, May 30, 2013

What is Your Specialty?


Finally made a decision to use the purple sashing to finish this quilt.  This one has taken me awhile.  The setting triangle you see in the photo is actually a large square of 25 smaller squares that I thought might work as off setting squares but when I got them all up there it was a no.  They overpowered the baskets.  In this case simpler seems better.  As of right now I have no ideas for border but all in good time.  If you have any thoughts or ideas please pass them along.  I would love to hear your suggestions.

In my pursuit of finding places to teach this craft of quilting I have been asked what my specialty is.  I confess I am stumped.  Do I have a specialty, and the answer is, I don't think so?  I find too many things interesting and want to try new things.  Yet, the question is there; should I have a specialty and what would it be?  Do you have one and if so what is your quilting specialty?

The thunderstorms we have been having has really greened everything up and increased the humidity levels.  Humidity I am not fond of but the green is good.  I am also just enjoying watching it rain.  I had forgotten how satisfying a summer thunderstorm could be.

May your days be filled with things that satisfy.

Dee

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee! Like the purple sashing! Here's a border idea - you could do that "around the world" effect where you go from the purple to the pink - also like your watercolor quilts. There's my 2 cents worth :-)
    It's a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete