Monday, May 27, 2013

Remember

Six of my brothers served in the military.  Thankfully none of them lost their lives during their time of service.  My husband's father also served.  As you celebrate and enjoy this memorial day remember those who have and are serving for the freedoms and land we live in and may none of us ever take what we have for granted.  In a few minutes Steve and I will go across the street for a private concert.  Our neighbor is a classical pianist.  On summer evenings when she practices we have noticed other neighbors bringing their lawn chairs and beverage of choice and sitting on their lawn outside her window to hear the music.  It has been a most pleasant way to get to know our neighbors.  Today we will listen to patriotic music and military hymns.  I am so excited.

Friday was a total bust.  I completely wasted the day and don't quite remember how I was able to do absolutely nothing and let a whole day slip by.  Hmmmm!

The last two days I finished putting the interfacing on the last of the T-shirts for the quilt I am making for our realtor.  My husband, the organizer, placed them all for me so that all I need to do now is sew them together.  It will feel so good to have that project done.  Do you have projects like that?  The kind that linger and weigh you down and you have to force yourself to get it done.  I haven't had too many of them but when I do I find motivation hard to come by.

Following is a song from my childhood music class;

Flag Song
Out on the breeze o'er land and seas, 
a beautiful banner is streaming;
shining its stars, splendid its bars
under the sunlight are beaming.

Over the brave long may it wave, 
Peace to the world ever bringing;
While to the stars, linked with the bars,
Hearts will forever be singing.

Hail to the flag, the beautiful flag,
The flag that is red, white, and blue!

Lydia Ward and Jean Hoover

I pray we all continue to enjoy the many blessings of freedom.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment