Thursday, May 9, 2013

Check, Check and Check!

Are you a list maker?  My husband is an avid list maker and keeps it handy everyday and checks items off the list as he completes them.  It gives him a lot of satisfaction to put those little checks beside the tasks and it also helps remind him of what needs to be done and keeps him from forgetting things.  My daughter is following in her father's footsteps.  Me....I keep my "to do's" in my head, which has proven to be unreliable.  I have tried writing the lists and prioritizing under my husband's careful guidance but I lose the list and rarely follow it.  I am a hopeless list maker.  Yet as I accomplish things it still feels just as good to mentally check it off the list.

That has been my week, getting things off of my mental "to-do" list.  I helped the University students complete a prayer quilt to be given to a fellow classmate who has terminal brain cancer, finished a sampler for a beginning quilt class I will be teaching, copied patterns I needed to send out to several shops and helped a friend complete a binding for her project.  Whew! It has been busy.  But now I get to work on a new project of my own.  Alex gave me a challenge and my head is abuzz with possibilities.  I'm almost giddy!!!!  I'll keep you up to date on how it is going.  Today was step 1: I bought some Kaffe solids and a few fun prints to go with them for a little punch.

I spotted a new notion I hadn't seen before.  It is called, Quilt Sticks.  They are long rulers that are specific widths (ie: 1 1/2", 2 1/2", etc.) so that you can quickly cut a lot of strips without thinking a lot about it.  It has a special backing that keeps it from slipping on the fabric.  If you have a lot of strips a particular width to cut it looks like a helpful tool.

Another check on the list, aaahhh satisfaction!

Dee

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful week, busy, but with so much accomplished. I always feel so satisfied when my time works out this way. I can't wait to find the Quilt Sticks or to see your Kaffe work!! I'm intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, much appreciate the time you took to write this.

    ReplyDelete