Friday, May 10, 2013

Adding Texture

Step 2:  I spent a good portion of the day doing research and then out came the colored pencils and graph paper.  It was fun to create new out of old. With my new fabric pieces I started sewing and am liking it so far. Now I need to find just the right fabrics and get er done.

Doing the research and designing some blocks today I tried to think of ways to add texture to the end product-my challenge quilt.  My texture will come in the quilting.  Other ways you can add texture to your quilts is by manipulating the fabrics into tucks and points.  Sawtooth triangles, prairie points, chevrons, etc add texture to borders.  Yo-yo's are another way to take traditional blocks and give your quilt a contemporary look and feel.  Applique and embroidery work can give your quilts that "wow" effect.  Try adding some texture to your next quilt. If you do, please share with all of us your creative ideas.

Keep finding ways to bring beauty into your life,

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment