Thursday, April 4, 2013

Serendipitous Opportunities

I had the opportunity to visit USArtQuest in Grass Lake, MI yesterday.  What a fun and inspiring place.  Once a month they hold an open studio where you can join other artists and spend the day creating and learning.  It was fun to learn an easy way to dye my own fabric and use mica for embellishment on my quilts.  I'll definitely be back.  My brain is full of ideas.

Today was spent preparing for the four classes I'm teaching the next two days.  The picture below is one of the UFO's that needed finishing for one of the classes. The ladies in Quilt Club will be so glad to see it has borders on it finally.


Enjoy the spring days and may you finish a few projects you need too and be inspired to start some new ones.

Dee

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Dee! I need a road trip to my teacher's studio to learn how to paper piece that center so I can finish my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete