Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's Wednesday!

Looked out the window this morning and lost all motivation.  Snow was falling fast and furious.  The weathermen keep promising this is the last of it.  I hope sooner than later that they get it right.  I putzed away a good part of the morning and then a friend called and asked if she could come over and get help with a quilting project she wanted to undertake.  This changed the whole outlook on my day.

I'm convinced quilting is a community endeavor.  Quilting bees were important to our grandmother's and I think our own form of bees are important to us too.  They provide time to be together, share stories, ask questions, talk about life and families and laugh together.

Su brought over some blocks her grandmother had made but did not finish.  She is not a quilter but an accomplished sewer so it didn't take long for her to be happily piecing away.  It will be fun to see how the quilt turns out when she is finished.

Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished?  Yes; work never begun.
Christina Rossetti

May your day be filled with sunshine and friends,

Dee

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote!!!!!!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. Helping Su with putting her grandmother's quilt together made me think of it. The joy Su would have missed if grandmother hadn't started that project she now gets to finish.

    ReplyDelete