Monday, March 18, 2013

Putting the Template in its Place.

Today it was hard to stay focused on one thing so I flitted between several.  I have projects that are on a deadline and really need to get them finished,  one that I would just like to get off the design wall and at least 3 or more I'd like to get started on.  I couldn't decide which one to work on so I flitted between three of them all day.  I actually got quite a bit done.  How do you solve the multiple project dilemna?

One of the projects required a template.  As I was working the template slipped on the fabric and I had to keep adjusting it.  I became frustrated at the wasting of time and then it dawned on me that I could use double sided tape and solve the slipping issue.  Putting the double sided tape on the template turned out to be brilliant.  No more slipping while trying to cut.  Using the Fiskars finger cutter  made cutting the curves on the template quick and painless.

Hoping your day is filled with brilliant ideas,
Dee



Here are the pieces of my project.









Of all the things
a woman's hands have made,
The quilt so lightly thrown
across her bed-
The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm-
Is woven of her love and
dreams and thread.
                 Carrie A. Hall

1 comment:

  1. Love this quote, Dee! Is the finger cutter one for paper that you've found works on fabirc? Genius solution with the tape.

    ReplyDelete