Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ouchy!!!

Happy Palm Sunday to everyone!

I spent most of the afternoon and early evening starch appliqueing.  It was a quick and fairly easy project but somehow I kept getting my fingers a little too close to the iron and touching way too hot fabric. It hurts.  I think I will finally invest in these things called thermal thimbles.  They protect your fingers while ironing or guiding the fabric under the iron.  Most quilt shops carry them or you could order from Keepsake Quilting.  It felt good to get that part of my next project done.

You may notice a few changes to the blog.  This evening my friend and graphics designer Robin and I have been making changes and hopefully making the site a bit better.  Notice the button on the top of the page that tells about my upcoming retreat.

Have a blessed week and may there be no ouchies in any of your projects.
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment