Sunday, September 7, 2014

Something New



I finally found the dress for my son's wedding that is less than 2 weeks away.  However the chiffon sleeves needed to be shortened.  I have never sewn on chiffon before so I watched several tutorials, took a deep breath and went for it.  Happy to say it turned out quite good.  

Learning new things can be intimidating but it is always good to try new things and stretch ourselves.  I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy teaching Beginning Quilting classes.  Many come in with fear and trepidation and leave with new skills and the knowledge they can do this thing called quilting.  I recently went to a quilt show and it amazes me what people can do and create.  Quilting is changing all the time with the advent of the art quilts, modern quilting, revisiting the past with a fresh new look and many more creative ideas.  I encourage you to try something completely out of your box and do it for the sheer joy of it.  Please send pictures so we can all enjoy what you have accomplished.

I've been working a lot on wedding stuff and new material for upcoming fall classes.  This week I fly to CA for the wedding on the 20th.  I'm excited, nervous and who knows what all these other emotions are......

Below is the kids camp quilt top I finished today.  


Keep Smiling and Carry On!!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment