Friday, September 26, 2014

Perfect Day!


My son was married this past weekend and it truly was a perfect day!  The weather couldn't have been more cooperative throughout the day, during the service and even the little sprinkle of rain we received during the outdoor reception just added to the charm of the day.  They made the sweetest couple and both were so happy.  I cannot remember the last time my son has smiled so much.  The day before, Carol, Lynn, Paulette and Robin came to help me arrange the flowers for the wedding and they were wonderful which added to a perfect day!  There were wonderful touches that Stephanie (the bride) and her mother did that made it truly fun and special.  Each table had a picture of Brett and Steph at the same age doing just about the same thing in each picture.  It was adorable.  One of my favorites was both of them sewing when they were in 4th grade.  They hung a chandelier between two trees over the cake and strung family wedding pictures along the trees which they aptly named the "family trees".  Their guest book was a signature quilt which I will get busy on soon.  I will keep you up to date.

Today was also a truly perfect fall day.  I don't think it could have gotten any prettier.  Fall is starting here in MI.  The air has that wonderful fall smell and the leaves are starting their change.  I pulled out fall fabrics and a few projects I need to complete for inspiration.  The festivities are complete and now it is time to get down to business before the holidays.  I have a full slate of classes and several quilts I am dying to get started on.

May all your days be picture perfect.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment