Monday, September 29, 2014

Old is New

Trying to keep up with what is new or popular in the quilting world could be a full time job.  As I have been reading, scrolling and flipping magazine pages lately I have noticed a lot of new ways or easier ways to create old patterns, ideas and rehash information we all probably know but have forgotten or tucked far away in the recesses of our minds.  I enjoy the excitement that these new discoveries bring.  It motivates me to get busy and do what I love to do-create.

Since returning from the wedding festivities I have been planning for my monthly quilt club and for my fall retreat in October.  It is challenging to find new and creative ideas to share with quilters.  We all have so much information at our fingertips but what I have found is that many of us still like the personal touch and coming together in groups to learn and create.  This is what I think I like best about quilting and teaching, the coming together of friends to laugh, share, and sew.

I just saw that Moda is coming out with a new pre-cut called "jolly bars"  They are 5" x 10" rectangles.  You should check out the Moda bakeshop page to see some fun quilts they are making from these jolly bars.

Create, Enjoy and best of all Quilt - until next time....

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment