Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Wedding Quilt



One of the many reasons we take up quilting or love quilting is making that very special gift for someone we love.

I have taught many beginning quilt classes through the years and I often ask the participants why they have come.  The reasons are many and very diverse but one reason that seems to be shared most often is I want to make a quilt for a friend or family member as a gift on a special occasion.  Those occasions have ranged from births, graduations, special birthdays, weddings and a little of everything in between.  Quilter's seem to have a heart for giving and a lot of love to share.  It has been such a joy for me to get them started so that they can share their gifts and love.

I have spent months thinking about and finding fabrics for the quilt I would make my son and his fiancĂ© for their wedding.  My decision to make The Double Wedding Ring came about through several conversations with my future daughter-in-law and a quilt hanging in the window of In Between Stitches.  Yesterday I officially began the cutting of the fabric.  For me, that means I am committed and I need to get busy.  I am piecing it the traditional way with templates and a million pieces.  This should definitely improve my accuracy with piecing.

May you always find great joy in the making and giving of your quilts.

Dee

Here is a link to their wedding website:  www.theknot.com/wedding/christopher-jensen

1 comment:

  1. Going to be gorgeous, Dee! Can't wait to see it unfold :-) Beautiful couple. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete