Monday, April 28, 2014

Sampler Sew-A-Long Finishing Instructions


Step 1:  Arrange the blocks into groups of four.  

Step 2:  Sew 1" finished sashing with a cornerstone block between each grouping of four blocks.

Step 3:  Sew 2" finished sashing between the four groupings including your center cornerstone block

Step 4:  Sew your first border around your quilt.   I continued with a 2" finished border in the same 
             fabric as my sashing.

Step 5:  Sew your second 1" finished border on.  Choose a good contrast fabric.  I used the same 
             fabric as I used for my cornerstones.

Step 6:  Sew your final 6" finished border to the quilt

Quilt, bind and enjoy.  I would love to see your finished quilts.  If I were to do this again I would like to try some brighter fabrics like Kaffe or Amy Butler or Tula Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment