Monday, July 1, 2013

It's Monday!

It would be so nice to send some of our rain to AZ and to other areas in the Southwest.  Heavy heart tonight for the families of the firefighters in AZ tonight.

The many days of rain have given me the opportunity to get a lot of things done that I needed to.
Quilt for "Quilting in the Garden" completed and shipped off to CA.  check
Retreat prizes finished, packaged and prettied up.  check
Fabrics chosen for retreat demos. check
Instructions for newest pattern written out for Robin. check
Supply lists and descriptions for the next quarter of classes I will be teaching completed.  check
Two small quilts quilted.  Yes, I actually did it myself. Yeah!  check

Today was a fun giggly girl kind of day.  I loved it.  My neighbor and a friend from college days who I have had the pleasure of reconnecting with here spent the day together. The purpose was to help my friend decide on a layout for quilts for her siblings and mother.  She was recently given a number of blocks her grandmother had made in the 30's but hadn't made them into a quilt and she wanted to gift her siblings with a quilt made from these blocks.  She is not a quilter (yet) so my neighbor and I had a blast bringing her into the world of quilts and quilt shops and buying fabric whether you needed it or not.  There was a lot of laughter and flying fat quarters.  We may be banned from that particular shop.

Have you brought a newbie into the quilting world?  How did that go?  Tell us your story.

May you be blessed in many ways,

Dee


1 comment:

  1. SO tough to see those dedicated to protecting lose their lives protecting our homes and families. Praying for rain!

    You are officially the check mark girl! Congratulations and I'll be watching the mail for the pattern :-) Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete