Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Visitor!!!!!

Choosing fabrics for the next project.  I'm going bright.

Finally getting my pears quilted.

It has been busy days with teaching.  I love being in the classroom and experiencing the process of learning something new with the students.  Yesterday was kids day.  We made beach bags and they all did really well.  They all looked like beach bags when we were done.  Yeah!

On Friday we picked up a former student of mine from Dublin, CA at the airport.  He will be with us for a week visiting and participating in a water polo camp at the University of Michigan.  It is so fun to have him here, to show him a part of the country he hasn't been to and see how much he's grown and changed since he was in my Jr. High class.  

A week from tomorrow I will be on a plane myself headed to CA.  Can't wait!!  It will wonderful to see LeAnna and Brett and attend the wedding of a dear friend's son and one of Brett's good friends.  The wedding is in Bakersfield in two weeks and then back to Livermore area for teaching and then on to the retreat.  I like the busyness of the days ahead.

The following quote is my reasoning for my "stash".

Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, 
or believe to be beautiful.
William Morris

Blessings,

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment