Thursday, June 6, 2013

Peony Heaven


The T-shirt quilt is done.  Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the potatoes!!!  As you can tell I am pretty happy to have this project completed.  Normally you cut the t-shirts so that they all equal multiples of 4 or whatever number you choose.  This one didn't quite work that way.  Some of the designs wrapped around the shirt or ran into seams, etc. so a bit of finagling had to be done.  I hope the woman it belongs to is happy with it.  Now I need to get my son's completed.

Today was primarily spent working on favors for the participants at my retreat in July.  I find this to be one of the most fun parts of the planning process.  I think of each lady individually and try to pick things they would like.  I've really enjoyed going down memory lane with each of them today even if it was only a one sided conversation.

I spent my lunch time on the deck watching my tomatoes and sugar snap peas grow.  It was a thrill to finally get a few things in some pots.  I am trying pot gardening now since I do not have an actual garden in the lawn.  Should be interesting.  Roses do not really grow well in MI of which I am disappointed being the rose fanatic that I am.  However, the peonies are spectacular.  The Arboretum has about 4 acres of every variety and kind of peony.  It takes your breath away.  I have even found a pattern for appliqued peonies by Edyta Sitar.  I'll be stitching away soon.

May you find a few minutes in your day to stitch.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment