Thursday, January 11, 2018

Going Green


This is the leftover pile of scraps from a paper pieced sampler I made.  As I looked at it I'm thinking there is a another quilt laying here and my conscience wouldn't let me throw it away.  I will admit I don't have the quilt(s) completed yet but they are well on their way.
I started randomly sewing the lopsided triangles together to create strips of new fabric.  I had enough to make 4 strips approximately 70 inches long.  I trimmed them down to 5 inches because that is what I could get out of the strips.  Those leftovers I did throw away.  I'm not totally crazy. :).  Now what to do with them.  

As you will see in the picture I auditioned them with a print and tiny black inner border and I liked that but I also liked the solid magentas one as well.  Either would make a lovely strip quilt or I could cut 5 inch squares for a fun four or nine patch quilt.  I decided to go with the strips.  I used 3 of the 4 strips for this quilt along with the magenta fabric with the print as a border.  I haven't finished yet but that is what I plan to do.

With the fourth strip I located this unused panel and decided I would cut my strip into smaller strips and use it as an inner border or accent for this panel.  I'm sure I will have some little strips left over.  What could I do with them?  

Please share your thoughts and possible ideas that you could do with a large pile of leftover scraps from a quilt.  I would love to know how you might use them.

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment