Saturday, April 4, 2015

Quilt Show Inspiration

This past weekend I was able to attend the Chicago International Quilt Festival.  What a treat this was.  I was looking for new ideas, wanting to learn new techniques and of course shop in the vendor mall.

I took an all day painting class and learned some very innovative ways to use paint in my quilting.  I cannot wait to put my new found knowledge to work.  Cindy, our instructor, creates beautiful and amazing quilts from painting fabric alone and beautiful quilting.

The vendors are always tempting me with beautiful fabrics, chotchkies (sp?), threads and tools.  Yes, I succumbed to a few items.

However, the most wonderful part was looking at the amazing quilts and seeing the talent men and women have in textile art.  WOW!  The "Wicked" challenge quilts were fun and oh so creative.  It was very hard to pick a favorite.  Following are a couple quilts that caught my eye;












If you have opportunity to attend a quilt show I highly recommend it.  Take a friend(s) along, wear comfortable shoes, carry a lightweight bag with you for all the goodies you will be buying and find the foot massage people for a pick me up when the feet start getting tired and achy.

Happy and Blessed Easter everyone!
Christ is Risen!

Dee

1 comment:

  1. So cool, Dee! Wish I could have joined you! Thanks for sharing the quilts. Can't wait to see where the inspiration takes you!

    ReplyDelete