There are times when creativity and ideas flow like water and there are those times when the well runs dry. For the past few weeks I have been in a slump as far as creativity and motivation go. In trying to get things completed amidst a very busy time and jury duty I think I may have discovered a couple things about myself. A creative stopper for me is when I have too many things that need to be done and I don't know where to start or how to get it accomplished. The second is lack of exercise and not getting out and about with people. The snow and subzero temperatures have kept me home and inside.
When creativity comes to a screeching halt for you don't try and force it to be there. Let it go and do the things that bring motivation and creativity back. Here are some ideas for you. What can you add to the list?
1. Listen to your favorite music and let your mind go.
2. Keep a journal. Draw inspiring things you see, write about incidents you experience, meaningful
quotes, song lyrics, etc.
3. Go shopping; shoes, clothes, window shopping, fabric, boutique shops, etc.
4. Have lunch with a friend.
5. Get lost for a while on pinterest.
Last night I went to my first meeting at the Modern Quilt Guild of Ann Arbor. This should be an interesting way to bring new creativity to my quilting.
Create Friendship Piece by Piece!