Monday, May 4, 2015

Fabric on the Bright Side

It is wonderful to hear the birds, listen to the frogs across the road (they are noisy), and see the hint of green on the trees.  I do believe spring has finally come.

With spring the desire to work with bright happy fabrics has taken hold of me as well.  With my monthly quilt group I have decided to work with Kaffe Fassett fabrics in my Sampler.


The LeMoyne star is one of my all time favorite blocks and here is my latest version of it in the Lone Star block for the sampler.  I'm starting to think that one block may not be enough and I just may need to make a whole quilt of these blocks.

With all of our piecing we need to pay attention to accuracy and especially with the Lone Star.  If you are cutting carefully (measure twice-cut once), sewing with a true 1/4" seam, and you press, not iron you can make this block with relative ease.

This afternoon I am off to play with paper and watercolors.  May your day be filled with a new adventure.

Dee

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love those Kaffe fabrics in your star! No one makes a LeMoyne like you, Dee! I want to see a whole quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete