Thursday, July 17, 2014

Your Style!

How do you approach this activity called "Quilting"?  Do you follow patterns others have designed?  Do you like to change patterns you find just a bit to make them your own?  Are you the kit buyer?  Unsure of picking out the right fabrics?  Do you do your own designing to fit your style or the style of the person you are making the quilt for?  Art quilter?

The truth is we are all a bit different and we are all talented and make beautiful works of art no matter what our style is?  As for me, I don't seem to stay with any particular style or have the same style for any great length of time.  I believe I am moving to a new place these days.  I do want to keep designing and creating new quilts, experimenting with color and the modern look while holding on to my traditional past.  How do you that?  I don't know just yet but I am in the process of discovering some answers  for myself.  My first discovery is that I need to let go of what others are doing and simply find who and what I am.  I have known this and heard this for a long time but it is finally seeping into the deep recesses of my brain.  It's tough getting through all of that hardwood.

The last year has been an emotional and mental roller coaster.  I have some new roles to play as a Mother, friend and career person.  Today I am excited about visiting with family and leading a retreat with some of the best women I know and that I count as dear friends.

May you be blessed bountifully and continue your quilting journey with joy!

Dee

2 comments:

  1. That's such a wonderful question, Dee - the journey has ebbs and flows and I believe that is part of the joy of discovery. Thank you for looking introspectively and making me stop and do the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the San Juan Bautista retreat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete