Saturday, April 13, 2013

Math Rash.....

No! No! N0!  I woke up to snowflakes and cold windy weather.  What is going on?  It's mid April.

It was a good day to stay inside and quilt.  I am working on a new pattern and I am taking an old block and making it a bit more contemporary.  I was happily sewing along until I had to figure out the size of quarter square triangles.  Having done the math I started putting the block together and discovered I did not have the math right.  Figured again, and you know it....wrong again.  Off to my quilt resources and my husband who is better at math than me and found a formula.  This time it worked and my math rash is starting to fade.  For those who would like the formula I found, here it is:

To cut quarter square setting triangles take the finished size of the block and multiply by 1.414.  Add 1.25, round up to the nearest 1/2" and cut that size of square.  Cut the square twice on the diagonal.

My husband's Family Life students are coming for dinner tomorrow night so there won't be any sewing going on.  In preparation I have been learning how to cook for people who are on gluten free diets and who have celiac disease.  I'm hoping I got it right.

May your day be math free and filled with joy and love.

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment